The Civil Service Guidance Program (AKRAB) is a form of one support group towards staffs and officers with the guidance of a trained facilitator. This support group aims to guide the staffs or officers whenever they face problems in their career or personal life.
AKRAB’s concept is about friends helping friends based on basic counseling professionals. AKRAB’s experience at all levels of the organization managed to create harmony, friendship, mutual respect, recognizing their potential and create a culture of excellence.
Thus, AKRAB is expected to move and act as a team to achieve the objectives, mission, vision and increase the effectiveness and the image of organization.
- To provide guidance to help colleagues improve their potential and excellence.
- To make AKRAB as an encouragement towards the development of human capital in Human Resource Management.
- AKRAB’s mission in the Department of Survey and Mapping Malaysia (JUPEM) is:
- To perform service for all departments?s people to guide them in facing any of their problems.
- To help officers who need help in dealing with their problems in life.
- To acts as an intermediary between the officer and the counselor in making suitability screening problem.
- To develop good relationship with the of human resources management in order to smoothen the implementation of JUPEM’s AKRAB activities.
Colleagues play an important factor in influencing the personal qualities of a personal based on the factors below:
- The people feel more comfortable discussing with their friends from their superiors;
- The people feel easier to talk about personal concerns and receive help from them;
- The members of AKRAB are trained to provide first positive and more effective help to their friends; and
- The value and the structural relationships within the organization will be improved with the existence of relationship between humanity and brotherhood.
The goal of AKRAB in JUPEM are:
- To give support for transformations
- The people need the point views and opinions from others in facing of any kind of changes. Therefore, it is important to have capable and skilled colleagues in helping them to face these changes.
- To firm and sustained the changes made
- The behavior which had changes by the people should be given reinforcement and assurance that these changes will remains permanent. For example by giving ideas, opinion and encouragement.
- Shared experiences and knowledge
- The valuable knowledge and experience possessed by the members of AKRAB can be beneficial to the organization. Various ideas and creative thinking can be created if it be shared among members of the organization.
- To share issues and problems
- The negative feeling and emotions which are suppressed by the people would create a conflict inside them. Therefore, it should be channeled in a positive way. Thus, AKRAB can play an important role in helping them to express their feelings and share their views and experiences in a professional manner.
- To strengthen the spirit of maintaining the positive change
- AKRAB will help their colleagues so that positive change in them can be maintained for the sake of personal excellence and organizational itself.
The roles of the JUPEM’s AKRAB are:
- To help strengthen and expand the excellent of work culture.
- To strengthen the Self-esteem.
- To create a harmonious working environment.
- To share knowledge, information and problems.
- To create problem solving internally.
- To create consensus among colleagues.
- To create a support group to an officer who needed assistance.
JUPEM’s AKRAB functions are:
- To help in identify the officers who need help by looking at their indicator such as their presence to work, designation information and annual performance evaluation report.
- To implement guidance programs and activities that have been planned to the officers who have been identified is suitable.
- To implement individual and group activities in the department.