STATE OFFICE

History and Background

Year HISTORY OF ESTABLISHMENT

1910

Kedah Survey Department was established a year after the Treaty of Bangkok was signed in 1909 where Siam (Thailand) hands over Kedah and Perlis to the British. Initially housed in two rented stores in Alor Setar. Currently divided into two administrative districts of North Kedah in Alor Setar and South Kedah in Kulim.

1913

Kedah Survey Department was moved from Alor Setar to Kulim. Located in the residence of survey at Jalan Bukit Awi.

1914

Kedah Survey Department was moved to the shop building at Jalan Raya Kulim in April 1914.

1918

Perlis surveys were placed under the control of Kedah Chief Surveyor. Surveyor of Northern Kedah was assigned to carrying out survey works for the state of Perlis.

1947

District Survey Office South Kedah, Kulim was closed due to lack of work and was merged with the District Survey Office Central Kedah, Sungai Petani .

1956

Perlis District Survey Office was officially established. Placed at Jalan Hospital, Kangar under the auspices of Perlis District Surveyor.

1964

District Survey Office Perlis, Kangar moved to level 3 of the Federal Government Building on August 15, 1964 after a the building at Jalan Hospital was taken over by the Office of Land Supervision Plan Perlis.

1968

JUPEM Kedah moved to own building which occupied on June 15, 1968 after 54 years housed in the shop lot building. Opening of JUPEM Kedah/Perlis on 18 November 1968 by the Minister of Lands and Mines, Hj. Abdul Rahman bin Yaacob.

District Survey Office, North Kedah, Alor Setar moved from Jalan Kolam Ayer to Building Survey, PKNK on July 8, 1968

1971

Kedah District Survey Office Central/South, Sungai Petani moved to level 4, Federal Building, Sungai Petani on June 26, 1971.

1978

District Survey Office, North Kedah, Alor Setar moved to level 4, Federal Building, Alor Setar on 26 July 1978.

1983

South Kedah District Survey Office, separated from Kedah District Survey Office Central/South, Sungai Petani and placed on the ground floor of JUPEM Building on May 2, 1983.

1995

JUPEM Perlis created separately from JUPEM Kedah/Perlis on 1 November 1995 .