STATE OFFICE

History and Background

Year HISTORY OF ESTABLISHMENT

1899

Establishment of the Pahang Survey Department. Based in the Government Offices Building, Kuala Lipis.

1909

On 1st January, Pahang Survey Department are combined with Perak, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan Survey Department and Perak Trigonometry to form Federated Malay States. Headquarters is located at Kuala Lumpur. The first Chief Surveyors was Colonel H.M. Jackson.

1946

After World War II, it was placed under the Director of Survey, Malayan Union & Singapore.

1948

Federation of Malaya was formed and the position ‘Malayan Union and Singapore state surveyor’ changed to the National Surveyors Malaya.

1957

Pahang Survey Department was governed by the National Surveyor Federation of Malaya since the country was independent.

On July 24th 1957, Mr. Ong Sim Leng become first citizen which was appointed as Director Survey of Pahang.

1965

Moved from Kuala Lipis to Kuantan. Building of Pahang Survey Department was built at Jalan Tengku Muhamad, Kuantan with spent cost approximately RM 450,000.00 and inaugurated on 17th September 1965 by the Minister of Land Affairs and Mines Malaysia, YB. En. Abdul Rahman bin Yaakub.

1988

The new building was built behind the old/original building.

1990

The new building was completed built and computer’s equipment were installed. JUPEM Pahang stepped into the era of information technology and the establishment of the Land Survey System of Computer Aided ( CALS ).

1995

Implementation of SPDK system to replaces the CALS’s system.

2000

Implementation of the SAPD Upgrade and SPDK system as well as the concept of ‘field to finish’ and fully used digital data including digital certified plan generated by the Digital End Products.

2007

eKadaster system implementation.