STATE OFFICE

History and Background

Year HISTORY OF ESTABLISHMENT

1892

Malacca Survey Department was established in 1892 and shared office with the Public Works Department which located at Bandar Kaba, Bandar Hilir Melaka.

1903

On 30th November 1903, Ordinance 81 was used only to allow a licensed surveyor under the Chief Surveyor to carry out measurements of the registration of the Deed.

1920

On 8th December 1920, the first Certified Plan named as PA2 was approved.

1.4.1920

 Malacca Survey Department and Singapore Survey Department were combined and administered under the Public Surveyors (FMS and SS)

1950

On 1st January 1950, Malacca Survey Department was combined with Negeri Sembilan after the Survey Department separated from the Selangor Survey Department.

1957

On 1st January, Malacca Survey Department and Negeri Sembilan Survey Department was separated.

1967

On 4th March 1967, the building of Survey Department was moved to Lot 302, Jalan Taming Sari, KB XXXV, Malacca City and officiated by Tun Haji Abd. Razak bin Dato‘ Hussin, Deputy Prime Minister .

1995

On 1st January 1995, JUPEM Malacca stepped into the era of modernization computer by using Mini System CALS .